Tuesday, July 1, 2008

California Trip Days 1 and 2

We had such a wonderful time during our trip this weekend! However, getting there and back was a bit of a nightmare. I booked a ticket two months ago using miles and apparently it was never processed. I didn't find out until I got to the airport and was trying to standby for an earlier flight. By some miracle Trent was able to book a ticket there and back on the exact days we needed using miles (the same amount as before) and we had to pay a little bit. But, thankfully I made it there.

But, then coming home Trent was flying standby and the flights before us got delayed. So, he didn't get on my flight. We didn't think it would be a big deal, he could just catch the next one. I left on my flight and Trent got on the next flight. Right when they were about to take off they cancelled it! There was no way he was getting out of SF today, so he ended up having to fly to Chicago at midnight and then catch a flight home this morning. Meanwhile, I landed at 12:30 a.m. and then went back to DFW this morning to pick him up. Needless to say, we were both pretty tired!


However, the actual vacation part was wonderful! We stayed at the same bed and breakfast that we did last year. This year we stayed in a cottage that we both loved! Here are some pictures:

The first day I didn't take too many pictures. Here are a couple of pictures from the first place we went:



1 comment:

Mallie&Brandon said...

Damn that American Airlines.