Monday, March 30, 2009

Austin Girls Trip!

I took a girls trip this weekend with some of my college friends. It was so fun to get away for a couple of days without any distractions and just hang out! We left Friday evening and stopped in Waco for dinner at an old favorite. While we were in Waco we had to visit Common Grounds (a college favorite). Then we headed on to Austin.
Saturday morning we had a fun breakfast, did some walking around downtown, had a great lunch (food was a major theme on this trip) and had a relaxing pedicure. At least, relaxing for us - I am not sure what the other people trying to enjoy their spa day thought! :) Then we had another great dinner. After dinner we went to this fun place called the cookie lounge. It is a little like Marble Slab, but with cookies! You pick your dough, mix-ins and then they bake it for you. It was SO good!

Sunday we did a little shopping and then took our time getting back home. It was so much fun and I can't wait to have another girls weekend soon! :)

6 comments:

Katie said...

Very cute! Picking a favorite cookie dough might be the hardest thing I could imagine!

treyandliz said...

Fun that you hit the cookie lounge...I totally would've recommended it! It is so yum! They are doing a kids workshop on Easter weekend where they get to go back there and bake a batch...so cute! Tell me what else you got to do!

betsy green said...

So fun! Makes me miss Austin! Looks like you guys had a great time and FOOD should ALWAYS be a major theme on ANY trip!!

Mallie&Brandon said...

I needed some captions on a few of these pics ;)

stephanie howell said...

i STILL can't believe i didn't get to talk to y'all!!
you guys are too cute. you look EXACTLY the same, i know it was you right away!!! Smooches!

Jaime said...

So glad you had fun! I completely haven't heard of Cookie Lounge until LIz just told me about it today. Must go...So fun!