Friday, August 27, 2010

Where are we going? To the zoo!

I have really missed taking Hudson to the zoo this summer. It is one of my favorite things we do together.  However with days like this:

003

It just hasn’t been an option. I am not even sure it would have been an option if I wasn’t pregnant.  Anyway, we had a “cold” front this week and the temps have dipped into the low 90s!  I decided this morning we should brave the zoo for the first time in a couple of months. I am so glad we did!  The weather was perfect and with the kids back in school, it was not crowded at all!

 

My mom came with us which was very fun.  When we went to see the penguins – I sat down on the little bleachers to take a little break. Hudson LOVES the penguins and gets as close as possible:

zoo2

Mom was standing behind him to make sure he didn’t fall backwards. Mr.Independent wasn’t having any of that…he told her to “go”. When she only took a few steps back, he led her to the bleachers, patted the seat next to me and told her to sit.  Then he went running back to his beloved penguins.

We wrapped up our visit with a ride on the train.  Hudson is really into riding the train now which I love!  I especially love it because it means we don’t have to walk back to the entrance and my pregnant self appreciates that. 

zoo

Today made me really excited for fall weather. I look forward to spending time outside with my favorite boy again!

1 comment:

Meg said...

the zoo is one of my faves too!! i cannot SAY how ready i am for this heat to break to get these kiddos outside...and i know you are 100x more ready for the cooler weather!! (p.s. i love love LOVE the name harper!! one of my faves :))