Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Yea for awards!!!

So, TWO of my sweet friends gave me an award! How fun!!! Meg is a sweet friend from college.  I love reading her blog – she has an adorable little girl and precious twin boys!!!  I honestly don’t know how she does it –but she does and she does it well! Kate is another sweet from college.  She recently started blogging and I am SO glad she did!  She is just as hilarious as was in our BU days and her kids are just as funny – and so cute!  So, thank you both so much!!!

Upon receiving this award, I am supposed to:
1) Thank and link back to the person that awarded it.
2) Share 7 things about myself.
3) Award 10 great bloggers.
4) Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

So…7 things about myself…

1. Never in a million years did I ever dream that we would be living in the city I grew up in. And I certainly never thought that my kids would go to the same high school I went to.  But, I am honestly loving being here.  We are close to my parents which I love.  We live in a great neighborhood and I have met some wonderful new friends.  We are right where we are supposed to be and I am so glad.

2. I absolutely love being a mom.  The years I spent working post-college never truly fulfilled me.  I feel like I am finally in the job that I was always meant to do.

3. I love Texas and I love living here. But, there are times that I wish I lived somewhere that truly had four seasons…you know, instead of four seasons in the same week.  Or the beach.  I would make a great beach bum.

4. I am a major planner.  I am flexible and can handle if the plan changes, but I need to know a plan pretty much all the time. 

5.  I have been fortunate enough to experience quite a few neat events in my life.  I have been to the Final Four, the Big 12 Championship and several Nebraska games (which our quite an experience – seriously).  Trent and I have also had the chance to see a taping of Lettermen – twice. And we were lucky enough to sit on the front row – twice. :)

6.  On that same note – I sold programs at Ranger games during high school and college.  I started there the year the Ballpark opened.  I got to sell programs at all of the playoff games in the 90s, the All-Star game and Kenny Rogers perfect game.

7.  It will probably surprise no one that because of my loud voice – I was pretty good at selling programs.  My super loud voice landed me on the news any time they were out there filming.  The bad news is I ended up with nodules on my vocal cords that took several years to heal.

Now I would like to give this award to the following friends:

Daon

Kelly

Laura

Jennifer

Jaime

Lydia

Melissa

Mallie

Jenny

Ruth

2 comments:

Aggie99 said...

I swear I'm not ignoring this! You'd think I'd have more "free time" to blog with all of these ice days but you know how that goes . . . not so much!

Will appropriate recognize my "award" soon!

Aggie99 said...

Um, that should be appropriately recognize my award soon.