Sunday, November 3, 2013

The strangest thing I have seen in my 5 1/2 years of parenting…

The night after our trip to the park, Harper randomly cried out in her sleep.  There was nothing wrong with her when we checked on her. That morning, she was limping when she got out of bed and told me she had a boo-boo. I looked, but didn’t see anything at first.  The kids sat down to eat and I kept getting everything ready.  All of a sudden, Hudson yelled, “Mom, look at Harper’s toe!!!” I ran over there and saw this:

IMG_6668

It was by far the strangest thing I have ever seen. I was fairly certain it was a blister, but a Guinness book one for sure.  I got her into the doctor asap (in case it was something crazy and not a blister). The doctor couldn’t believe it either (he may have called it “impressive” and said he had never seen anything like it).  After convincing him to lance it (because he wasn’t going to at first which would have caused quite a problem with shoes that week), he bandaged it up and we were on our way:

IMG_6669

No comments: