Sunday, August 17, 2008

Road Trip!

On a whim we decided to take a road trip today. PH (pre-Huddy) Trent and I loved to take spontaneous road trips. It was fun to bring that tradition back today. It was also good practice because we will be taking a very long road trip in a few weeks with Hud. Anyway, we trekked down to one my favorite places in the world today - Baylor. It was Hudson's first visit to his future alma mater (no pressure) so of course I documented every step of the trip.


I packed a bag of toys for Huddy:
He seemed to like his book: Strike that - he seemed to like EATING his book:
Our first stop was Rudy's for some BBQ...
Then we headed to campus. We stopped off to see the bears: Lady and Joy. I have no idea which one this is:
The new bear habitat is pretty amazing:


Trent and Huddy in front of Pat Neff Hall:



Here we are in Burleson Quadrangle:



This is one of the newer buildings on campus. There is a whole part to BU that I do not recognize at all. Crazy:



Huddy hanging out in the SUB:



After a long day Hudson slept the whole way home:



This is my favorite picture of the day. There used to be a swinging bench hanging from the tree. This is the place that Trent proposed to me. Of course I had to get a picture and I love that Hudson is smiling as big as he is in it!


Just for kicks...here is a picture of Trent and I the day we got engaged:


We had such a fun day! Hudson did so well on the trip that we are hopeful of our upcoming longer (much longer) trip!

2 comments:

Holly said...

This is the cutest post! I love the pic of Hud in the place where Trent proposed. So sweet! Looks like y'all had fun!! Just living your dream, right?

Kim and Eric said...

Love it! Glad that you got to go and visit the campus with H! C and I drove through there on our way home and got a drink from Common Grounds. Fun times.