Saturday, September 6, 2008

Road Trip Days 1 and 2!

We are back from our very long road trip! Hudson did amazing!!! We told him over and over again how very proud we were of him. Out of the 24 hours we were on the road (there and back) I think I only sat in the back with him for two hours. The rest of the time he either slept or kept himself entertained. Myron was excellent company for Huddy as always. :)
Here we are about to get on the way:
Here is all of the stuff that we required for our week away (I am pretty sure it looked like we were moving in with Trent's mom):
Here was how Huddy spent the majority of the road trip:

One side effect from the trip...Hud would realize in the middle of the night that we were all in the same room in the hotel. Suddenly he did not want to be in the pack and play anymore and wanted to be with us. We gave in due to our need for sleep to keep driving the next day (at the early hour that Huddy would wake us up). Not something we have ever done before (or will do again unless we are in a hotel), but it worked out fine. Hudson loved the big bed:
Saturday we arrived in Lincoln. We were lucky enough to get tickets for the Nebraska game. They have sold out every home game for 25 YEARS! This was the second time we have gotten to go (we feel very fortunate) and this time Hudson got to go as well! So much fun...
Here we are waiting in traffic to find a place to park. We made our way to the parking garage we parked in last time we went. We were very late getting to the game last time and were able to find a space in there and park for free. This time we were super early and they were charging $10 to park. Unfortunately, we had no cash. Also, Hudson was super cranky and super tired of being in the car. We pulled up to the garage and found out we couldn't park there because we had no cash, I was desperate people. I leaned over and asked the college boys running the parking where they suggested we look to park because we had a cranky six month old in the back and if we weren't able to get out of the car soon I was going to start pulling my hair out piece by piece (I wasn't joking) they started laughing and waved us in to park for free. Score. I honestly wasn't even looking for that, just wanted some parking tips.
Anyway....
After parking we made our way on campus to meet Trent's mom and her neighbor Betty (who by the way is 83 and spunky! I sure hope I am like that when I am her age). We made a quick stop at the student union ATM to avoid future debacles like the parking situation:
Finally, it was time for the game. You have never seen anything like a Nebraska football game (disclaimer: I have never been to Kyle field and I went to Baylor). Every single person in the stadium is wearing red (we stopped by the bookstore to buy me a Nebraska shirt so I would fit in):
Hudson took one of his signature power naps before the game started:

They set off balloons when the first score of the game occurs:Above are pictures of Hudson and I with the 3 Heisman trophies and their jerseys (ironic that it is Hudson and I in the picture since I have no clue who those people are much to Trent's dismay). That wraps up days 1 and 2...stay tuned for more pictures!

2 comments:

Amy said...

A&M started their Maroon Out tradition when we played Nebraska back in 98. A&M won. I was on the field after the game and went through a crowd of Nebraska fans, they were the nicest fans I've ever been around... well other than Aggies.

Grow with Griffin said...

Very cool game to go to! What a great experience for everyone, especially a SIX month old!! :-)