Friday, January 2, 2009

RSV

We found out today that Huddy has RSV. :( I am so sad and I am not sure why I am so sad. I am grateful we caught it early and that it is treatable. I am grateful that he is so good natured that you wouldn't even know he was sick if it weren't for his sad, puffy eyes and wretched cough (seriously the kid played and laughed all afternoon). I am definitely sad that we will be home bound for so long because neither of us do well with that. I hate having to do breathing treatments in the middle of the night because if our 8:00 one is any indication I am afraid he is going to wake up every time. Anyway, sorry for the Debbie Downer post, but wanted to post this in hopes that you would pray for a speedy recovery for our sweet Huddy.

More holiday posts to come...I have plenty of time now! :)

6 comments:

Holly said...

So sad to hear about the RSV...aka Rotten Stinky Virus! Praying for quick recovery for him which equals quick release from the house for both of you!

Meg said...

yuck yuck yuck about RSV!! soph had it when she was 1 and yes, the middle of the night treatments always woke her up :(. no fun. thank you so much for your morning sickness tips! i went and got some lemon drops and caffeiene free regular coke already! :) XOXO

Zoe-D said...

Leo sleeps through the middle-of-te-night treatments. One trick we learned is to turn on his Sleep Sheep (noise machine that he uses to fall asleep at night) before we get started.

LynnAnn said...

REALLY sorry about RSV but can I just take a quick moment to point out how much Hudson looks like Trent in this picture? I mean, he always kind of does but WOW in this pic he's a little mini-me! Back to the point - Really Sucky Virus :(

Mallie&Brandon said...

oh, his little eyes. :(

Grow with Griffin said...

Bless his little heart- just looking at those sad puffy eyes makes it hurt for me... I will say a prayer for Hudson tonight- hopefully today was a better day already and tomorrow is even better!