Monday, June 8, 2009

2009 California Trip Day One

Trent and I have inadvertently made going to the Wine Country an annual trip.  The first year we planned many months in advance to go, but the last two we have planned spontaneous trips after talking to friends who were going.  This year we had planned to go someplace different and at the last minute changed our minds again.  It really is such a wonderful place to visit (even if you don’t like wine) – the views are breathtaking and it is so relaxing!  After a couple of very stressful months, it was just what the doctor ordered!

When we first got to San Francisco we had lunch with my old friend – Jillian.  She took us to a yummy sandwich place.  Somehow I managed to not take any pictures.  Whoops.

After leaving Jillian, we started to make our way to Sonoma.  We stopped for the obligatory Golden Gate Bridge pictures:

DSC_1906 DSC_1908

 

When we hit Sonoma we made our first stop Martinelli:

DSC_1920

I don’t really have much to say about this place – other than isn’t it gorgeous there?

The next stop was a place called Hartford.  I thought the gardens there were beautiful:

DSC_1925

DSC_1928

DSC_1931

That night we had dinner at a delicious restaurant called Underwood.  It was so great that we ate there twice!  I highly recommend it if you are in the area.  And again, I forgot to take pictures…BOTH times! :)

4 comments:

LynnAnn said...

Awesome post! I love the way you made it look like a scrapbook! I'm glad you had fun - now we need to have a girls night :)

Jaime said...

I want to go so badly...looks amazing already and it's just day one. You look fabulous, by the way! :)

betsy green said...

Ok, I just read ALL the posts about your trip to CA and let me just say. . . I am hungry now!!!! Great pictures - how'd you do the border thing? And now I know who to call when we plan OUR trip to wine country!!

Meggan and Trent said...

Hi Betsy! I am STILL full from the trip. :)
I have been using Windows Live Writer to write my posts. It has all kinds of effects you can use on the pictures. I think it is a little more user friendly.
I was so sad to see you aren't on fb anymore! (But glad we can still keep up via blogs!).