Friday, December 3, 2010

Know your audience…

012

Back in October the organization I am a part of announced tickets to see Rudolph at a local children’s theater.  I jumped at the chance to buy tickets for Hudson and I.  I thought it would be such a fun treat for us to go together and have a little one-on-one time. Since he had done so well when we saw Toy Story 3 I thought he would enjoy this. 

Driving over there today I had some reservations – we have been basically housebound for the better part of a month and I was worried he might be overwhelmed. I should really learn to trust my instincts more.  My little explorer was not to wild about being confined to a seat.  I expected this and thought it would get better once the play actually started (this is why I got to the movie seconds before the movie started when we saw TS3).  However, when the big snowman came out to start the show, Huddy freaked. And I mean freaked.  I honestly think it scared him.  After about 3 minutes of the screaming – I got us both out of there. There was no way I was going to ruin the experience for those around us and frankly, I am a little too tired these days to deal with it.  So, we left and ran some errands.  The minute we were out the door he was fine.  I, on the other hand, was a bit of a mess.  We ended up having a great time and then had some more fun at the play area at Chick-Fil-A.

Moral of the story – I will listen to myself more in the future and we won’t be trying Casa again for about a year. :)

No comments: