Saturday, June 4, 2011

Arizona Day 5 – the trip home…

We made the trek back down to the Phoenix airport.  I was hoping Hudson would nap on the way down (no such luck).  Once again, I was thankful for confirmed seats.  We made it through security (though the TSA guy and I had a tense exchange over a bottle of water for Harper’s bottle.  Tense on my part because Harper was blowing up and needed to eat and I was anxious to go feed her. Tense on his part because he was trying to tell me I couldn’t take the water through if it was for my 3 year old.  As I am holding a sobbing, starving six month old in one hand and a bottle of powder formula in the other.  Ahem.). 

Anyway, as we were boarding the plane Hudson said hello to the flight crew.  The pilot was one of the nicest pilots ever and invited Hudson into the cockpit! Hud was in heaven:

Luckily, Trent had his phone handy and could take some pictures.  Hudson was loving it and I was so grateful to that kind flight crew.  I am not sure the people behind us waiting to board were loving it, but what a COOL experience for Hudson!!! :)

We had an uneventful flight home and made it to the house around 6:00 that night.  Both kids were exhausted!  Harper slept from 7:00 to 8:30 the next morning. And Hudson…well, he was really wiped out. He slept from 7:00 to 11:00 the next day!!!!!  All in all, a great trip.  It is always nice to visit family!

No comments: