Sunday, August 19, 2012

4 1/2 years old!!!

DSC_7902

Dear Hudson,

You are 4 1/2 years old!  But, oh.my.stars. you look like a teenager to me in this picture and I won’t lie – it hurts my heart and makes my heart happy all at one time.

I told you today that you are 4 1/2 and you responded, “But, I don’t want to be 4 1/2, I just want to be 4”. I am okay with that, little buddy.

At 4 1/2 you are my heart.  I love you so much more than I ever dreamed was possible.  You are sweet, sensitive and eager to please.  You were recently described as “passionate” and I think that description fits you to a T.  You love deeply, feel deeply, and upset deeply.  I pray daily that your passionate spirit will lead you to do great things. And I have no doubt it will.

You had a rough year this year with your allergy and sinus issues, but through it all you kept your happy spirit. I am so proud of you.

You love your friends.  Every day you ask me what we are going to do and who is going to be there. You are quite social.

You LOVE your sister. I have prayed so hard for your relationship and I am so thankful that you two are such sweet friends. I pray you always will be. You are very concerned with Harper and her well-being.   And you are always looking out for her.

You love babies in general.  If there is a baby in your vicinity, you are all over the baby.  Yesterday, at Chick Fil A, a baby not much younger than Harper was in the play area.  He got stuck at the top and you helped him down the slide. His parents came over to thank me and tell me what a sweet boy you were.  I teared up a bit thinking it was just yesterday that YOU were the little one trapped at the top and needing help down.  And the tears were also because I am so proud of the big boy you are becoming.

You are the most active and energetic kid I know. I joke all of the time that you have one speed – turbo and it is true.  I am not sure where all of your energy comes from (because I know it is not food, since you are still super picky), but I sure wish I could bottle it and sell it. 

You have a big year ahead of you – Pre-K!  I know you are going to do fantastic and I can’t wait to see it.

You love to GO!  You want to know if we can go to the zoo/park/Joe T’s/gym/bounce house daily.  When we are home you like to play Spiderman or Batman.  You are becoming a true boy – into bad guys, sports, swords, etc.  Mommy is trying to learn all she can about little boys to keep up with you.  You love to read!  You will look at books all day long.

You are such a bright spot in our lives.  I don’t know what we do without you and your sweet spirit. I love you so much baby boy.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: