Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Loss

I debated whether or not to post this, much like I did the last time. However, this is the history of our family and again, like it or not this is part of it.  Trent and I have been debating a 3rd child for a while now.  We finally decided to go for it. Much like the previous 3 times, we were extremely fortunate that it happened quickly.  But, a few days later I lost that baby.  It was hard and sad, but I focused on the fact that we were able to get pregnant quickly still and that as soon as we were allowed, we would try again.  So, in May we did just that and were fortunate able to get pregnant again.  I waited ten days to take a test because of what happened in March. And during those ten days, my anxiety grew. I knew from the beginning something was wrong.  Once I finally tested and got the positive, I called the doctor and went in for blood work. The initial blood work came back okay, but the second round did not.  A sonogram a few days later confirmed our fears.  From there it became my worst nightmare – we ran the gamut from a miscarriage to an ectopic pregnancy to finally a blighted ovum.  It was a roller coaster, horrible month and the nightmare never seemed to end.  There were countless doctors appointments, ER trips and some scary moments. Not to mention the fact that I started having pregnancy symptoms because my HCG was going up, which was a cruel joke.  The nightmare is finally over.  I am not sure where we go from here – we haven’t made any final decisions. For now my goal is to focus on the kids and enjoy the summer to the fullest with them. 

No comments: