Monday, August 19, 2013

5 1/2 years!!!

DSC_4119

Dear Hudson,

5 1/2 years old!!! It  boggles my mind. I am so proud of the little boy you have become. I am in disbelief that in 2 short (too short) weeks you will be in Kindergarten. On the one hand, I am excited for you and can’t wait to see you blossom. You are going to do fantastic.  But, oh how I am going to miss you.  I love our time together and I cherish every moment we have. And while I know that we will still have our adventures and make memories, I will miss having you all to myself. And I know that Harper is going to miss you just as much.  I am not sure what either of us is going to do without you.

You and Harper are best friends.  You love each other so much and you are fiercely protective of each other.  You play so well together and play together non-stop.  You squabble occasionally, but it is rare and quick (and usually means one of you is tired).

You have been such a trooper with your allergy shots. I know it is isn’t easy (especially at 5) to get a weekly shot, but you have handled it so well.

We have had a fun summer.   We have travelled a lot and made a lot of fun memories.  You have taken off with your swimming and have become quite the fish and absolutely fearless. I am so proud of you.

The picky eater remains. The stubbornness is strong in you. . :) But, slowly but surely you have started trying new things. And that is all I can ask.

I love you more than words can say. And I am so very proud of you.

Love,

Mommy

2 comments:

Johanna at The Baker Twins said...

Happy Half Birthday, sweet Hudson! So glad you were put into our class at FF. :)

Nana said...

Now I know why Hudson announced that he was now 5 1/2 years old! LOL!