Sunday, August 11, 2013

Fun Friday…that ended with a bang…

We took a Friday field trip to Fossil Rim with my parents.  The kiddos love them some Fossil Rim and each other:

IMG_4974

After a fun-filled trip (and an allergy shot that is not so fun), we headed to Joe T’s.  I caught this picture of Harper listening for the train whistle:

IMG_4976

Unfortunately, on the way out we had quite the mishap and caused quite the scene.  Harper was in front of my dad and without warning stopped suddenly.  My dad tripped over her (literally) and went airborne.  His foot caught the back of her head and knocked her into the concrete.  People (me included) were screaming and everyone came running. There was blood pretty much everywhere thanks to Harper’s nose and lip and some cuts on my dad.  Thankfully, other than a fat lip Harper was fine and so was dad.  There were a lot of tears involved (again me included) and there was a moment that an ambulance was almost called (I had to talk them out of that).  For the next week, Harper kept saying, “Mommy, I am okay.  Pop didn’t mean to fall on me and hurt my lip”.

Sweet girl fell asleep minutes after we got in the car (which also scared me and made me worry about a concussion):

IMG_4980

No comments: