Saturday, September 20, 2014

Legoland!



I wanted to take Hudson on a special Mommy date before he started (sniff) First Grade.  He chose Legoland!  So, we were off:









My phone died halfway through so that was all of the pictures I got. He had a great time and I was happy to have one-on-one date with my buddy.
Hudson's peanut allergy has been an issue of concern for me for a while.  He has tested positive for a peanut allergy, but had never reacted (and had eaten peanuts until he was 3). I wanted clarification once and for all since he was started a school that wasn't peanut free.  We ran a blood test that tested the peanut components.  There are 8, I believe, components to a peanut allergy and a few are anaphylactic.  His came back negative for those (thank goodness!) and the only positive one he had was only slightly elevated.  So, the doctor and I decided to do an oral food challenge in the office.  While, I felt confident he would be okay, I was nervous.  Trent met us at the doctor's office:


An hour later and we were in the clear!  No reaction. The doctor told me he wished he could go in my brain and delete the file that ever told me there was an allergy.  So, so relieved.

My Captain America:

Meanwhile, we had a home renovation project going on.  We seem to like to do these things when I am pregnant. We converted the attic into a media room and we are so pleased:















No comments: