Sunday, February 1, 2015

Finley's Birthday

We arrived at the hospital bright and early. Well, just early - sun wasn't up yet! We were there at 5 a.m. and taken back to triage.  We did all the pre-op stuff and then just waited. (Sidenote- the wonderful Meredith baby-sat the kids that morning so my mom would be able to be there! Such a blessing!).  Finally, it was time! Trent donned his gear for the operating room for the last time:



Finley was born at 7:57 a.m.  I had a dream the night before she was born that she weighed 11 pounds, so I was a little worried ;) (my doctor had a dream about Harper the night before!). The surgery itself went pretty smoothly. I did get sick and experienced a lot of nausea so it was more like Hudson's birth, rather than Harper's. But, it was all worth it! Before long she was out and at first we all thought she really might weigh 11 pounds!  





She wasn't 11 pounds...but she was 8 lbs 15 oz.:


Meeting my sweet Fin:


The doctor that made this all possible:


Baby Finley:


1 comment:

Grammy said...

How sweet she is!!!!