Friday, November 9, 2012

Homecoming 2012!!!

Homecoming is my favorite weekend of the year! I look forward to it so much. I love going back to campus and seeing dozens of friends. I love the parade, I love lunch with my friends, I love it all!  Since 1995, I have only missed ONE Homecoming. That was two years ago when I was pregnant with Harper and due two weeks later. And for the record, I was totally going until my doctor told me I couldn’t.

Anyway, due to our ongoing health issues in this house, we didn’t go down on Friday night as planned. :( Instead we got up super early Saturday morning and drove down.

On the way down, Hud started talking about getting a doughnut, which he evidently remembered doing last year. So, that was the first thing he did:

 DSC_9957 DSC_9961 DSC_9962

His partner in crime, Grace, had not arrived yet. So, it was a solo mission.

Despite the fact we had an AWFUL time finding a parking space (our parking garage was full!), we got there before the parade hit campus.  We managed to find seats next to this super sweet family (who let me sit on their blanket with Harper, since I came totally unprepared to sit down).  We were all enjoying the parade:

DSC_9964 DSC_9965 DSC_9966

Grand Marshall of the parade: David Murphy. Texas Ranger and Baylor grad. I had to take a picture of this because it cracked me up that a year ago, he was standing next to the Goodyears watching the parade after finishing a World Series run. And this year, he was the Grand Marshall.

DSC_9969 DSC_9975

Macy and Christine finally arrived and joined us. 

DSC_9991

However, there was a major issue with the parade. KOT’s float apparently broke down before it hit campus and caused a MASSIVE delay.  The kids lost interest in the parade and that was that.

So, it was off to run around on campus.  And bribe the kids to take a few pictures. This photo is a little off because I had to crop a random kid out:

DSC_9994 DSC_9995 DSC_9998 DSC_9999

My girls and our girls!

DSC_0002

DSC_0005DSC_0009

Can you handle the cuteness??

DSC_0021

DSC_0028

Picture of our future Chi Omegas on the Chi O float:

DSC_0032

The parade was so wheels off that I missed seeing a lot of my friends.  I got to see a lot, but I missed a lot too (Liz – I am looking at you).

We took off for lunch to try to avoid the crowds (and we were successful).  Chuy’s worked out so well last year, we went there again.

IMG_1787 IMG_1791

After Chuy’s, Trent wanted a Health Camp shake. The kids wanted ice cream, so we all went in for a treat:

IMG_1796 IMG_1798 IMG_1799

After a quick stop at the bookstore, it was time to head home. :(  Signs of a good time had by all:

IMG_1805 IMG_1806

Can’t wait until next year!!!

No comments: