Sunday, December 8, 2013

Thankful

We had a lovely Thanksgiving.  It was cold here and windy.  Fletcher Family Turkey Trot didn’t happen this year.  That is the first time since we got married (minus the year that Harper was 3 weeks old).  It was just too cold.  We instead lounged around and watched the parade.

I am so thankful for these two right here. Words cannot adequately express how much I love them and how much they mean to me:

IMG_7776

Our chef really outdid himself this year! And since we all agreed this was the best year of sides, I thought I better blog it so we remember it next year:
Fried Turkey from Bonnels (delish)

Ham

Mac and Cheese

Sweet potato casserole (modified Ruth’s Chris version)

Bourbon Baked Cranberries

Baked Corn Casserole

Green bean casserole

Rolls

And a to die for pecan bar.

IMG_7782

This was one kid’s plate:

 IMG_7783

And the other:

 IMG_7784

I will let you guess which plate belongs to which kid…

Thankful for the crazy crew:

IMG_7786

We kicked off the Christmas season after respecting the turkey. New pjs and a Christmas movie!

IMG_7787

No comments: