Sunday, July 24, 2011

Omaha Road Trip…Day 3 (aka 4th of July)

Fourth of July started bright and early for us, as is the trend with Hudson and vacations.  Trent LOVES the 4th of July.  One of the things he loves about being in Omaha on the 4th, is that it is legal to shoot off fireworks.  Now, being the overprotective mom that I am – I didn’t want him to get anything that could potentially go off and hurt one of the kids (tragically, that day a local girl back home was burned very badly as the result of a firework mishap).  But, parachutes, smoke balls, and that sort of thing I was fine with. As long as Hudson stood very far back when they were being lit (total overprotective, helicopter mom here. I am not ashamed). 

Anyway, we drove down to Ft. Calhoun that morning to buy the fireworks.  Ft. Calhoun is this little town near Omaha.  There used to be a fantastic ice cream place that Trent and his family went to growing up.  It was one of my favorite places in Omaha. Sadly, it is gone. :( But, the firework stands remain!

My boys at the stand:

DSC_4130 DSC_4133 DSC_4137

Blurry pic…but SO proud!

DSC_4138

There is a very pretty little drive on the way back:

DSC_4149

When we got back we took Harper’s 8 month picture:

DSC_4174 DSC_4222 DSC_4227

Then Hudson wanted to love on his sister:

DSC_4252 DSC_4255

An attempt at a picture of Hudson and I (because I have maybe 2):

DSC_4259 DSC_4261

Harper and I fared a little better (meaning she smiled):

DSC_4315

Hudson experiencing poppers:

DSC_4334 DSC_4335

And this fun streamer thingys:

DSC_4347

Smoke balls…I love that he is trying to blow the smoke away.  I am pretty sure that he said it was yucky:

DSC_4377

Happy boy. Jodeen planned a barbecue for the whole family.  Hudson was loving running around with his 2nd cousins (I think that is right. or maybe it is cousins once removed? I am not sure):

DSC_4401

He decided to catch himself:

DSC_4402 DSC_4456 DSC_4481 DSC_4482

Twice…

DSC_4489 DSC_4531 DSC_4543 DSC_4547

Ending a fun day with (2) bowls of ice cream!

DSC_4620

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Happy, happy faces on Hudson and Harper!!!! Love their smiles!