Saturday, April 14, 2012

17 months old!!!

 

17 months

Dear Harper,

You are 17 months old!!!  We have had quite a month around here.  First, you got hit with your first stomach bug this past month. It was brutal.  The two of us stayed up all night together on the couch (you slept here and there).  I was so worried about you and so sad for my sweet girl.  You handled it like a champ now.  And I am so glad we are past it!!!

Since Daylight Savings, you have pushed your bedtime back a bit.  This works out well because you get to see your Daddy more in the evenings now.  Your Daddy who you could not adore more! You started smiling, waving and saying “da da da!” as soon as he comes in. You are definitely a daddy’s girl.  Not that you aren’t a mama’s girl as well – you still like to be near me as much as humanly possible.  And more often than not, you prefer that I hold you. :)

You have definitely become a pickier eater this month and turn your nose up at a lot of things you previously enjoyed a lot. You still love your fruit and veggies, but aren’t loving all meats (hmmmm this sounds very familiar, I am doing my best to help you avoid your brother’s path!).

You are my cuddle bug. You are content to sit on my lap when we are out and about.  You are starting to enjoy exploring a little more. you can crawl faster than anyone I have ever seen (let’s face it – you have had a lot of practice :)).  You still aren’t walking. We are about to start ECI in hopes of remedying that quickly. I am still hoping you take off on your own though.  You stood up in the middle of the kitchen on your own the other day, without pulling up on anything. That gave me some hope.  The big news is that you will roll from back to front now!  of course, it is only on your own terms.  You definitely got your fair share of stubbornness. :)

Your favorite places to hang out right now?  The couch and my bed. It is quite funny.

You have a new lovey that you sleep with every night. You were trying very hard to take over Hud’s beloved Judge.  So, he very sweetly informed that you needed your own Judge.  So, on my last trip to Waco, I got you your own bear.  Right now we are calling him RG3. :)

You are my chatty cathy.  You are up to around 50 words. You understand everything we say and respond appropriately. It is so fun to talk to you. :) You also know every single body part (including your tongue :)).

Harper Joy, we love you more than words can say!!!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: