Saturday, January 2, 2016

Diaversary

November is Diabetes Awareness Month. And November 14 is World Diabetes Day. It also happens to be Hudson's Diaverasary (anniversary of his diagnosis).
My friend asked me to take this picture for a Type One Awareness project:


JDRF's November social media campaign:


Originally, soccer was supposed to be finished by this date. Alas, we had a really rainy October. So, we had two games to wrap up:









This was a picture of Hud the weekend he was diagnosed and than on his diaversary. He is one happy, healthy boy now!!!

We told him we would do whatever he wanted for his day. He wanted to go to see the Peanuts movie as a family and then Joe T's for dinner. We left Foo with my parents and headed to the movie:


We reunited at dinner:



I am so proud of Hud. They say the first year is the hardest. I believe it! He has handled everything with such grace and without complaint. I can't say I would be able to do the same. I hope he always knows how very proud of him we are!!

No comments: