Saturday, November 5, 2011

One year old!!!

Twelve months

Dear Harper Joy,

You are one year old!!! My heart bursts with love for you my sweet girl.  You are the sweetest little soul.  You are social – you smile and wave at everyone you see. But, when they return your smile, you immediately duck your head (usually you bury your head in my neck) in shyness.  It is pretty precious.  You are a mama’s girl (I am not complaining a bit!).  This fall, we started a Kindermusik class.  Most of the time, you are quite content to stay in my lap the entire time.  You do love the music and enjoy dancing (in my arms) to it.

You are still a very good eater.  You like most things we give you (except deli turkey meat and muffins of all things).  And you can eat quite a bit!  Right now you are still taking a bottle, but once this can of formula is gone, we will start soy milk.  I am praying that you continue to be a good eater for us.

You love your sleep – just like your mommy!  Your sleep habits haven’t changed and people are still astounded by them.  Again – not complaining. :)

You can stand for a good 30 seconds on your own and can walk while holding our hands.  You aren’t too interested in taking off on your own yet though. You can get where you need to go faster by crawling.

You STILL will not roll back to tummy (although I did look back and remembered you did it in May).  The doctor tells me not to worry – so I am not. But, it is a pretty funny quirk sweet girl. :)

You and your brother have the sweetest relationship. You ADORE him.  Today I tried to take you in a different room from him and you cried like you had lost your best friend until you saw him again (and you are not a crier).  Hud loves to give you hugs first thing in the morning and kisses you good night every single night.  You play well together and I pray you are always close.

You have a bit of separation anxiety from us, but you have done very well in the church nursery. It makes me so sad to leave you every week, but you are doing great in there.

Baby girl – you have brought so much joy and light to our lives.  We love you so very much. It is our prayer (for both you and your brother) that we will raise you to be witnesses for Christ and that His love will shine through you. 

I have loved every single minute of this last year and cannot wait for every day there is to come.  We are so blessed to have you and Hudson and thank God every day for the privilege of raising you.

We love you so much!!!!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: