Sunday, May 22, 2016

Austin Competition






Harper had her third dance competition. This one was in Austin. I had big plans to make it a family affair and a little getaway for us, but it didn't work out that way. My uncle's funeral was that Saturday afternoon. The timing worked out where I could make it (barely). Harper and I drove down Friday afternoon. We met some sweet dance friends for dinner at one of my favorite Austin restaurants and then we took the girls back to the hotel to swim a little. The next morning it was competition time! It wasn't as early as the last one (thank goodness!). As soon as it was over, Harper and I bolted. We drove through a Chick - Fil- A for lunch and headed back home. One cracked windshield (thank you 18 wheeler) later, we were back home (Harper thought we had left Texas, ha!). Trent met me at the church and I made it to the 2:00 funeral at 1:57. I am glad I was able to be there for my dad. It was very important to me.

And meanwhile, Harper's class did awesome! They won 1st place in their category, 2nd overall and scored Platinum!  So proud of those girls!!!

No comments: