Thursday, April 16, 2015

Hudson is 7!

Dear Hudson,
You are SEVEN!!! I can hardly believe it. The past year has been an eventful one. We watched you flourish and finish kindergarten. We watched you start first grade and a new school. And the past few months we watched you take on your (our) biggest challenge yet.

You have done so well at your new school. You love it. You have made so many new friends and are thriving. You love your teacher. Every day I ask you what the favorite part of your day was and every day you tell me "playing outside with my friends" (although there have been a few variations on this). You are thriving academically and your reading has really taken off. You love books and the bookworm in me adores this.  You love for us to come have lunch with you and we love to come have lunch with you! You have a fantastic teacher who we all adore and who adores you. You could not be more blessed with school.

Your best friend is still Harper. You love each other so much (and now even share a room). You play together so well and are attached at the hip. I love your friendship and relationship. It makes my heart happy. You adore Finley. You tell her every night how much you love her and that you will never leave her. You just "can't stop loving babies".

You love Star Wars, basketball, golf, soccer, football, Magic Schoolbus, Sid the Science kid and more. You love Big Hero 6 and Alexander's no good, terrible, horrible, very bad day.

You love your daddy. You like to be around him, hang out with him, golf with him and be with him in general.

You love Jesus. You have a tender heart like no other. I love hearing you talk about how you just want to make God happy and one way of doing that is to be kind to others.

Your biggest challenge of your little life hit us in November when you were diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. It was a shock and at times still is a shock. But, baby boy you have rocked it. You have barely missed a beat and are still the happiest kid I have ever seen. I have always been proud of you, but I have never been more proud of you than I have the past few months. We don't know why this happened (and we may never know this side of heaven), but I know God has big things in store for you. And I can't wait to see it unfold.

I love you more than words can say,
Mommy

No comments: