Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What a week...

We have had a bit of a rough week at the Fletcher house. Hudson has his first cold. I took him to the doctor yesterday to make sure that is all it was and thankfully it is. He did have his first throat culture to test for strep (boy that brought back some painful memories). The day started with him projectile spitting up all over himself, me and the office (you are welcome for the visual). The day continued with me pulling something in my back - I am now walking like the Hunchback. Then we got to the doctor's office and guess who left the house without any bottles? It sure wasn't Hudson. First time in five months that I have done that...oh and did I mention he needed to eat? If you have ever been around Hudson when it is time to eat then you know you better have that bottle ready and it better be fast. So, I bowed my head in shame and asked the receptionist for a sample. Then I asked her not to call CPS. She was very sweet and said I was the second person that week to do it and then gave my boy a sample of ready to eat Similac soy. I am sure everyone in the waiting room was grateful. I sure was.

All that to say I haven't taken many pictures this week. Oh, and that is also because my camera battery died and I was convinced I left my camera battery charger in California. Never fear it was sitting on my dining room table. And it wasn't covered up by anything. People assure me that one day I will get my brain back. I am beginning to doubt those people.


Here are a few pictures of Hudson and his beloved rings. It is pretty much the only thing that has made him happy this week, poor thing. We will be glad when he is back to our happy, sweet baby and his awful cough is gone!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

You make me laugh, Megg, esp. the part about calling CPS. I'm so sorry that sweet baby has a cold. Reid had his first at 6 weeks--yes, 6 weeks old. THEN he got the flu at 5 months old, which TERRIFIED me. He's as healthy as a horse now.

Just love on him and let him cling to those rings...and Myron (my all-time favorite named lovey). ;)

Mallie&Brandon said...

How is the little guy? What did the doc give you? I have been calling Gates's bunny thing Myron. I guess her toy has gender identification issues...