Monday, April 27, 2009

Waiting is the hardest part...



My Uncle had triple bypass surgery today (it was supposed to be a double, but then when they got in there they discovered they needed to do a triple). Fortunately, they think everything went well. That is a huge relief to all of us. It was a strange mix of emotions - the surgery was 14 years (almost to the exact day) of my dad's double bypass. The same surgeon that operated on my dad operated today on my uncle. We think the world of this doctor and were grateful to know he was in such good and capable hands. I know my uncle is going to recuperate quickly and bounce back just like my dad did! And I am also really glad the surgery is over. :)

2 comments:

Brenda Liniger said...

I am glad to hear that things went well,,,about 8 years ago my grandpa had 6 bypass heart surgery and yes waiting and feeling helpless is the worst part of it for the family. I will continue to pray for him and your entire family.

Ruth said...

Great news Meggan! I was thinking about y'all today.