Tuesday, May 12, 2009

We have a WALKER!!!!

Can you tell how extremely excited I am?? I will admit - this was a long time coming. When Hudson started crusing at 9 1/2 months we were convinced he was going to be an early walker. He waited to take steps until around 13 months and then today he finally started walking on his own. And when he decided to do it - he really took off. Over the course of an hour (literally) it suddenly clicked and he was all over the house. He was very proud of himself and you will be able to see (or at least hear) on the video that we were proud as well. My mom and dad were here to witness his initial walk. Unfortunately, Trent was out of town for the day on business and missed it. But, I was able to get lots of video and he will have all the time in the world to witness it as we start to chase our little boy! It was a bittersweet moment for me - as much as I have wanted him to walk (for various reasons - one of those being he is heavy! :)) I still felt a twinge of sadness watching my baby turn into a toddler before my eyes. I quickly reminded myself he will always be my baby. :) We are so proud of our baby boy! :)

7 comments:

Katie said...

Yeah Hudson! I love the proud look on his face.

Nana said...

OK!
xo Nana

Jill said...

Both my boys waited until they were fully 14 months to walk, too. It means less falling, but watch out...because he'll be running soon!

Go Hudson!

Holly said...

Yay Huddy!!! You're such a big boy! Proud of you little buddy!

Ruth said...

Yay Huddy Buddy!! Walking AND climbing?! You are in trouble, Meggan!! :)

Jessica said...

Yay Huddy!!! Tessie is going to be so excited :)

Sydney said...

My first 3 ALL waited until 14 months to take off completely, but when they did they were off and running right away! Wonder if my 4th will be the same??
Congrats on that cute little walker!Have fun!!