Monday, November 30, 2009

Parade of Lights!

It is a long-standing tradition in our family to attend the FW Parade of Lights the day after Thanksgiving!  It really kicks off the holidays for me!  We haven’t been able to go the past couple of years (pregnancy and then it was too cold last year for H) and so I was super excited about this year.  The Oakley’s joined us, which made it even more fun!

We had to get there a couple of hours early to make sure we got good seats.  Of course, Hudson wanted to spend that time exploring:

DSC_3788

DSC_3790

DSC_3793

DSC_3799

We lured the kids to their strollers with the promise of snacks:

DSC_3807

 

My picture taking pretty much ends here!  However, the parade started soon after that.  The kids really did great considering they had been out there for 2 hours before it started.  They made it about 2/3 of the way through before the daddies had to take them to walk around a bit.  Mallie and I figure that next year they will really love it (especially when Keelan joins them ;)).

I love this time of year!

1 comment:

The Hake Family said...

I'm sure Keelan's father will thoroughly enjoy taking her next year : )