Friday, March 4, 2011

Four Months!

Four Months

Dear Harper Joy,

You are four months old today!!! It is hard to believe that you have only been with us for four months, it feels like you have been with us forever. 

I say this every month – but you are the sweetest baby I have ever seen.  Every morning when I go to check on you, you give me the biggest smile. It is one of my favorite parts of the day.  You are a happy, happy little girl.  You rarely fuss and are so laid-back. 

You are eating about six ounces every 2 to 3 hours during the day.  At night you are still sleeping about 10 hours – which is fantastic.  Your daddy and I say you are our rockstar sleeper!  You still love the swaddle.

No rolling over yet – though you are close from tummy to back. I think it is because you hate to be on your tummy.  And I will darned if you aren’t trying to sit up in the bouncy seat.  To which I have to say – slow down little girl! There is plenty of time for that later!

You are a talker – some would say like your mama.  A lot of times you will interrupt your feeding so we can have a little chat.  I love it and look forward to having long conversations with you always and forever.

Naptime for your big brother and after he goes to bed is our snuggle time.  We snuggle on the couch for as long as possible.  Truthfully, you are in my arms most of the day – I wouldn’t have it any other way.  You do like your swing and bouncy chair.  You ALWAYS fall asleep on your activity map so I am thinking you are not a big fan.

You still get the most comments on your hair.  People are blown away by a.) how much you have and b.) that you have highlights.  Your hair has lightened up a lot since you were born and is very blond at the roots.  It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few months. :)

You love your big brother and give him some of your best smiles.  He loves you so much and asks for you first thing every morning. I pray you two will have a close and special relationship always.

I love you so much my sweet baby girl.

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Harper is a doll! We should find a time to get our families together. We can hang out and the kids can play. :)