Monday, February 13, 2012

Sigh of relief…

When Hudson was a baby, my friend Christy gave me the wonderful idea of creating a Birthday tablecloth.  Every year your child puts their handprint on their birthday tablecloth.  What a sweet keepsake, right?? I loved the idea.

So, we had one made and Hudson did his first handprint…and his second.  We moved between his second and third birthdays.  When his third birthday rolled around I started looking for his tablecloth to do his handprint. And I could not find it anywhere. I tore my house up looking for it. My mom tore her house up looking for it.  It was nowhere to be found.  I cried and cried.  It isn’t like you can start a new tablecloth at age 3 (well, at least I can’t). And of course, I would feel guilty for starting one for Harper (yes, I can be irrational at times). 

Fast-forward about six months.  One random night, Trent comes in our room carrying…Hud’s tablecloth.  It had gotten tucked in the bench in our mudroom. Literally, the ONLY place we hadn’t looked! I was thrilled. And yes, I cried again (yes, I am also dramatic and emotional).

So, of course I had sweet Harper’s tablecloth made. Thanks to all of the crazy circumstances going on around her birthday, plus the holidays – we just now got around to doing her handprint. Poor child. :(  But, it is done and neither tablecloth will be misplaced again!

DSC_2522 DSC_2524 DSC_2527 DSC_2530 DSC_2534 DSC_2538 DSC_2540

As for Hud’s 3rd handprint. That was a bit of a conundrum….however, I realized one day I had traced his hand on the first day of school (for another little tradition I started). So, I laminated the handprint and we dipped it in paint. Trent scoffed at my idea at first, but then admitted it worked out pretty well!

DSC_2541 DSC_2543 DSC_2544 DSC_2546 DSC_2548 DSC_2549

Order is restored to my world….:)

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh, I LOVE this idea and wish I had thought of it sooner! Will definitely be stealing this! Thanks Megg!

Abbey said...

such a sweet thing to do!!!! I would have been a wreck too if I was you ;)) glad you found it!!!