Monday, January 7, 2013

All Aboard!!!

The Sunday before Christmas, we were scheduled to do one of my favorite traditions – the Polar Express!

Unfortunately, Harper came down with strep. :( I was very disappointed that she wasn’t able to go (and she was super sad as well).  Trent stayed home with her while mom and I took Hudson.

They have changed things up (for the better!) at the train this year. They added a tricycle “waiting area”:

DSC_1162

Showing off  his ticket and meeting the polar bear:

DSC_1163 DSC_1168

DSC_1171

I didn’t get any good pictures once we were in the tent. However, they changed up the pre-show and it was for the better!  After, we walked through the “snow”, it was time to board the train!

The conductor was a super sweet man:

DSC_1204 DSC_1213 DSC_1214 DSC_1215 DSC_1220

The big guy himself came and sat down with Hud (maybe it was a good thing Harper was sick – she would have been FREAKING out!!! :))

DSC_1229 DSC_1237 DSC_1241

After the ride we grabbed a quick hot chocolate before heading to dinner:

DSC_1243 DSC_1244

Such a fun night with my sweet boy! I look forward to ALL of us going next year!

No comments: