Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Patriot Day

Hudson's school celebrates Patriot Day on September 11th.  I was curious to see how this all played out, I am not ready to explain to Hudson what happened that horrible day.  I hope it is many years from now before he needs to know the details.  I strive to keep my kids as innocent as possible, plus Hudson has inherited my tendency to worry and I don't want this on his brain.  All of that to say, I explained that we were wearing red, white and blue that day to celebrate the many wonderful people who serve our country and protect us:

You can't really see it, but on the way to school we saw a rainbow - awesome reminder of God's promises:


They hold a Patriot Day ceremony right after school starts and families were invited to attend:


It was a very moving and special ceremony. It was kept very age appropriate and the kids sang several songs that they had been working on:






My sweet boy:



No comments: