Saturday, November 14, 2015

Halloween!

Our unusually wet October continued and Halloween was no exception. Our two soccer games were cancelled, so we had a low key day at home:


Sock puppets were made:


If the big kids lock you out of the playroom, we will bring the playroom to you! This is the most play the kitchen has gotten...maybe ever:

We had a few round of Halloween Bingo between the two most competitive people in the house:


We also went to a fun dinner get together at our friends house. We were bringing baked beans and it brought back a memory of a dinner we had in college. Suffice it to say I sent this pic to two of my best friends and they begged me to let Trent take it out of the oven. I did:


My little ladybug and Harry Potter himself:



Our littlest ladybug (who only made dinner and pictures before she turned into a pumpkin):



Part of our new normal, testing Hudson's blood before we went out TOT. Halloween was bittersweet for me this year. It is one of my strongest memories of "before" from last year. Over the course of the next two weeks, I started to suspect that Hudson had diabetes. In my mind, Halloween was the last perfect night before the world crashed down:



Ready to go!




Ran into lots of friends. Trick or treating in our neighborhood is so fun because there are so many friends to run into!





And of course we hit our own house where Nana and Pop were watching Fin and passing out candy:




Their loot! It was a very successful night!
I very rarely let the kids sleep in our room (pretty much only if they are sick. though I considered moving Hud permanently in our room when he was diagnosed. Trent nixed that). I told them we could have a special Halloween sleepover. Truthfully, I didn't know what Hud's sugar was going to do overnight and I wanted him close to us. And the other secret is I really love having sleepovers with them. Thanks to good old daylight savings, I didn't get much sleep, but Hud's sugars were perfect!


 My very favorite picture of the night!


No comments: