Sunday, October 25, 2009

Baylor Homecoming ‘09

Homecoming is one of my favorite weekends of the year.  I look forward to it so much every year.  This was the seventh Homecoming Trent and I have attended together.  Unbelievable!  We started the weekend with our annual dinner at Ninfa’s.  I have zero pictures there.  It mainly involved Hudson running around outside while we waited an hour for a table. Then we headed to our friends, the Hagins’, to spend the night.  We put Hudson to bed and stayed up late talking and having a great time!

The day started very early on Saturday.  We managed to make it to the Chi O breakfast in time to see the pledges do their pledge songs.  I don’t think I have EVER made it in time for that and I was pretty impressed that we made it there with a 20 month old!  After Hudson made friends with a few of the actives (and by make friends I mean he crawled up in their laps and tried to steal their doughnuts…I wish I was kidding) we made our way to the parade.  In a few years I look forward to watching the parade again, right now though Hudson likes to do what he does best – RUN!

DSC_3144

DSC_3146

Hudson and Gracie – I think this is the first picture I have taken of them where they are both looking at the camera:

DSC_3149

DSC_3154

DSC_3155

DSC_3156

DSC_3161

Hudson is obsessed with dogs lately. Whenever he sees one he runs full-out towards it and then he isn’t sure what to do once he gets there. :)

DSC_3167

Macy and Christine got to the parade and Hudson was in heaven!  He loves Macy!

DSC_3171

DSC_3176

DSC_3179

DSC_3180

DSC_3182

DSC_3187

DSC_3188

DSC_3190

DSC_3194

I glanced over and saw that they were walking the bear back to the bear pit:

DSC_3204

DSC_3206

DSC_3209

Hudson LOVES balloons:

DSC_3214

However, he hates it when they fly away:

DSC_3217

He seriously stood there with his arms up like that for about five minutes.  I think he thought he could will it back to the ground.

The Noze Brotherhood is one of my favorite things about Baylor.  I think it is such a fascinating group and tradition.  I *might* know one. ;)

 

DSC_3222

DSC_3223

College (and current) besties:

DSC_3225

DSC_3227

DSC_3229

Photo op on the Chi O float:

DSC_3233

We had such a great time! We were talking on the drive home about how Homecoming is one of our favorite traditions…we can’t wait until next year!

No comments: