Monday, December 21, 2009

All Aboard the Polar Express!

Yesterday, we rode the Polar Express train in Grapevine!  I saw this last year and was so excited to take Hudson this year.  First, you have to wait in a line to get into the pre-show:

DSC_4118

Thankfully, Trent and I both went so one of us could wait in line and the other could walk (or run) with Hudson.  However, Hudson was quite infatuated with Rudolf, which helped. :)

Then you go into this tent for the pre-show:

DSC_4119

This is where things got sticky.  See those chairs?  They wanted everyone to sit in those chairs for a THIRTY MINUTE pre-show.  With an almost 2 year old.  Oh, and it was louder than the U2 concert in October (seriously).  Little man was freaking out.  We came to the conclusion that it was loud, but for a kid who hasn’t been able to hear for very long it was super loud.  So, Hudson starts hysterically sobbing – completely inconsolable.  I have honestly never seen him like that before.  A dum-dum from Jenny calmed him down temporarily:

DSC_4122

But, shortly after this picture he wigged out again.  Trent and I considered leaving (we had a lot of time to think during the eternal pre-show), but decided to stick it out.  I finally got him calmed down with about 5 minutes to go (with his head buried as much as he could into my shoulder).  Soon after they announced it was time to board the train. We walked through the winter wonderland, complete with snow and boarded the train.

At this point, I am super nervous.  I have no idea what to expect and I was worried about Huddy flipping out again.  But, then a Christmas miracle occurred – the train started moving and my little boy was full of more joy than I have ever seen.  Seriously:

DSC_4131

DSC_4135

DSC_4142

DSC_4143

A little glimpse of our coach car…there were carols playing, they read the Christmas Story (with Polar Express music playing in the background)…it was SO cute!

DSC_4150

DSC_4159

Then the big guy in red made an appearance and Huddy was LOVING him!

DSC_4185

DSC_4187

DSC_4190

DSC_4196

DSC_4202

“Thanks for taking me on the train, Daddy”

DSC_4205

And the all too rare family shot:

DSC_4208

So, the train ride was a success and we are already looking forward to next year! :)

1 comment:

Katie E said...

How cute!!! We did not have to endure/suffer through the pre-show, thank goodness.