Sunday, August 22, 2010

30 months old (aka 2 1/2)!!!!!

DSC_1082A

 

Dear Hudson,

You are 2 1/2!  How is that even possible?  I think this might be my favorite age so far and there are times I wish I could stop time and keep you this age.  Of course, then a temper tantrum surfaces and I am happy to keep going forward. :)  Your speech has taken off leaps and bounds the past few months and we are amazed daily at the things you say.  It is such a joy to hear you talk, little man.  You love to ask “What you doing mommy?” all day long and I am so happy to hear that.  You are extremely polite and thank us for everything.  You love to say hi to everyone at the store, Costco, etc.  You ask for your friends by name daily, especially Gates.  You have a funny game you play at stop signs that we haven’t quite figured out yet, but you enjoy yourself.  It involves saying “Isee! and away!” really loudly.  Currently, you are obsessed with ghosts thanks to an Olivia episode.  We have watched a little too much TV this summer due to my pregnancy.  You love Toy Story – Buzz and Woody are by far your favorites. You have also renewed your love for Nemo and ask for “mo” several times a day.  You are still a Dora and a Backyardigans fan as well.

Your eating has slightly improved the last few weeks, but you are still very picky.  I never dreamed you would be such a picky eater when you were little.  We are making it though. You could drink “gilk” (milk) all day long.  You still love fruit and veggies.  But, the only meat you will eat is Joe T’s chicken and the occasional hot dog.  That makes for frequent trips to Joe T’s which is just fine with us. You have quite a few fans in the waitresses who work there.

You can count to ten, know all your animal sounds and body parts.  This is HUGE and we are so very excited.  You love looking for cows and “neighs” when we are driving. And you still adore dogs.  You are full of energy and can go non-stop all day long. Still not a big fan of naps and definitely not long ones, but you sleep very well at night.  You ask to go “outside” pretty much all day long – I promise we will once fall hits baby boy.  You love your daddy so much and ask all day where he is.  You have adjusted well to our new house and are settling in nicely.  We have decided to hold off on pre-school for another year.  I wasn’t ready for you to be away that long every week – you are my buddy!

You are not a fan of your mommy’s singing (which I think most would agree with you on).  You are still my snuggle bug and I love it. You are very affectionate and love to hug.  Often you want to hug other little kids, some who you don’t know, so we are working on personal space. :)  You LOVE babies and I pray every day that continues when your baby sister Harper gets here.

You are loved more than you can ever imagine baby boy.

Love,

Mommy and Daddy

4 comments:

Sydney said...

Happy Half-Bday Hudson!

Lydia said...

So you did decide on Harper??? Love it!

Meggan and Trent said...

Yes - Harper Joy! :)

Holly said...

Hudson! I can't believe you are a big 2 and a halfer now. I remember when Dougie and I came to hold you on DAY ONE and that seems like it wasn't long ago at all. You are so precious, and we are happy to see you loving life. Tell your Mommy and Daddy to go out on a date soon so we can come play with you!