Wednesday, April 4, 2012

March wouldn’t have been complete…

without a trip to the ER! We are 3 for 3 in 2012. Sigh.  Hud woke up one Sunday morning with his eyes extremely puffy and practically swollen shut.  This has only happened twice before and both times his eyes went down with Benadryl. I gave him some and we went to church. Well, after church his eyes had not got down at all and actually had gotten worse, plus a rash broke out on his face.  I called the oncall nurse at our pedi’s office. She asked me a bunch of questions and told me she felt like it was an allergic reaction, but she wasn’t comfortable with me waiting until Monday to be sure in case it was some kind of “itis” (I have no idea what the word was).  Based on her recommendation – we headed to Cooks.  Fun times.

IMAG2040 IMAG2042 IMAG2043 IMAG2044 IMAG2045

They sent us to the eye clinic and right away ruled out the “itis” (thank goodness). However, the ER doc had seen strep present this way that week and tested him for strep (hence the popsicle). That was negative as well, thankfully. Never a dull moment around here lately!

No comments: