Monday, July 22, 2013

Waco playdate

We met some sweet friends in Waco for a super fun playdate at the beginning of July.

We started out at Cameron Park Zoo.  I haven’t been there since college, so it was fun for all of us!  Plus, my kids love a zoo. The weather was surprisingly mild!  In fact, the whole first week of July was fabulous.

DSC_3821 DSC_3827 DSC_3829  DSC_3831 DSC_3832 DSC_3843

After lunch (which is documented below because trying to move my iphone pics around makes me nutty) we headed to campus:

DSC_3856 DSC_3859 DSC_3862 DSC_3863

Hudson picked out this Baylor elephant (??? Not sure why we sell a Baylor elephant!) and named him Shooting Star:

DSC_3866

This is the spot where Trent and I got engaged!  There used to be a bench there (which is where we actually sat), but they moved it. :( The plaque is still there though.  The bench was donated by a couple who met on campus (she was a Chi O!) and they share our anniversary date. :)

DSC_3867 DSC_3869 DSC_3870 DSC_3871 DSC_3872 DSC_3875 DSC_3886 DSC_3887 DSC_3889 DSC_3891

Going backwards…we had a yummy lunch at Vitek’s.  My friends are a little horrified that I didn’t branch out much in college when it came to restaurants.  They are slowly but surely expanding my Waco horizons. :)

IMG_4663

Love this pic of future Baylor Bears!

 IMG_4667

The Austin crew headed back, but Liz and I walked around campus for a while with the kids. The kids were craving Dr Pepper floats (a BU staple), so we headed to the Dr Pepper museum to get some! Another Waco landmark I had never been to:

IMG_4674

After a very fun day, we headed out late (around 5).  Just north of Hillsboro, I35 became a parking lot for no reason.  Despite the long day, OF COURSE my kids weren’t asleep!!! :) We didn’t make it home until after 7, but we had such a FUN day!

IMG_4675

No comments: