Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas in Omaha!

We drove to Omaha the day after Christmas to have our second Christmas with Trent's family. Hudson did AWESOME in the car. I have to brag on my little buddy for a minute - he rode the entire way there and back (12 hours each way) without me ever getting in the back seat with him. He played a little, slept a little and watched some Little Einsteins. We never heard him fuss or cry at all - praise God for an easy going baby!!! Anyway....



Look! Snow! Too bad none of it fell while we were there. I have an ongoing joke with Trent that it doesn't really snow in Omaha. It has never snowed while we are there and despite news reports of massive amounts of snow (and signs indicating emergency snow route all over town) I like to pretend it doesn't happen. In fact, a few years ago I distinctly remember it being a very balmy 65 degrees when we were there and everyone insisting on how unusual it was...uh-huh. I am really just bitter because I love snow and living here it isn't something we see too often. Anyway...snow:



We went to Trent's cousins house for our Christmas Eve. Hudson made himself right at home and immediately began cruising the coffee table:



We enjoyed a wonderful dinner, played a competitive round of bingo and played some Wii. Hudson hung in there until 9:30 with us. Then I gave him his nighttime bottle and this happened:



We opened presents the next morning. Hudson received some more fun toys to play with and Trent and I were spoiled as well:


That wraps up the Christmas posts for the year! We had a wonderful and blessed Christmas. It was so much fun to celebrate Huddy's first Christmas and we look forward to many more!






No comments: