Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Brave (elephant) boy!!!

My sweet boy has been through so much this past year health wise – countless sinus infections, pneumonia, CT scan, sinus surgery. It is ridiculous! :(  A few weeks ago, on a random trip to the pedi, we encountered another issue.  We didn’t see our usual doctor that day and the doctor we did see detected an irregular heartbeat.  You could have knocked me over!!!  After our countless trips to the doctor this year, SURGERY and this was the first time anyone had ever mentioned this!  She sent us up  for an EKG that day. To be honest, (for the first time in my life) I really wasn’t worried.  Well, I was wrong.  They called me with the results and sure enough an irregularity showed up on his EKG. So, we had to wait two very LONG weeks for an appointment with a cardiologist.  When the day finally got here, the appointment was 3 hours long.  They did another EKG and an echo. Finally, the doctor came in to talk to us and go over the results with us.  Sweet boy does have an arrhythmia, but it is benign and  he will most likely outgrow it.  It was the second best news we could have gotten. :)  The bad thing was while we were talking to the doctor, Hud’s eardrum burst!!! But, that is a whole other post.

After appointment number 1, my sweet boy and I had a lunch date together:

IMG_1190

Then it was off to see the pedi about that pesky ear.  His book bag from school had an elephant hat in it and he wanted to wear it to the appointment:

IMG_1192 IMG_1193

Love my silly boy and so very thankful for him and his healthy heart. :)

No comments: