Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Lubbock Road Trip – Days 1 and 2

The kids and I took a road trip to visit our good friends, the Blacklocks!

Day 1….

IMG_5120

That was the only picture I got!  We headed out around 10 and made it to Lubbock by 4. Not too bad considering I was travelling alone with 2 small children! We only made one stop for lunch and one gas stop.  Once there we went to a yummy dinner and then just relaxed.

Day 2:

Jason brought all of the kids doughnuts! They were super excited:

IMG_5138 IMG_5140

After an attempt at a group shot (Adlee had left for church camp by this point):

IMG_5145

We headed over to their awesome neighborhood pool:

 IMG_5146 IMG_5148  IMG_5157

Monkey see:

IMG_5162 

Monkey do:

 IMG_5179

Sweet friends:

IMG_5178  

IMG_5176

The kids shared Adlee’s room and wanted to read a book together (in other words they made up a story) before bed:

IMG_5187

After the kids were in bed (which I will admit took some bribing on my part by day 2), Ashlee and I were able to go out to dinner just the two of us! What a treat! And so very sweet of Jason to watch the munchkins so we could go.

No comments: