Monday, September 19, 2011

One for the books…

And so it begins…

I make a sandwich every morning for Hudson to take with us wherever we go, because I know he won’t eat if we are eating out.  It used to be peanut butter, but since his school is peanut free we have switched to sunbutter (which is crushed sunflower seeds and really does taste similar to pb, despite what Trent says). 

After we left the park this morning, I handed Hud his sandwich in the car as I always do. I started driving and all of a sudden I heard him say, “Oh no! My sandwich!”  I thought he dropped it, so I stopped at the stop sign and looked. I didn’t see it, so I asked him where it was…he starts exclaiming “baby has it! baby has it!” Harper had grabbed his sandwich and stuffed a 1/4 of it in her mouth. I stopped in the middle of the (thankfully not busy) street and jumped out of the car to pull it out of her mouth before she started choking.  She was FURIOUS at me for taking her sandwich. Hudson was so shocked, he ate what was left without another word. 

So, we learned today that Harper is super quick, loves her food (which we already knew) and Hudson needs to keep a better grip on his stuff. :)

No comments: