Thursday, September 1, 2011

First day of school!

And just like that it was here…

It is no secret I had been dreading this day.  I didn’t show my sadness or anxiety to Hudson though – just excitement (even if it was fake!).  He was super excited to go to school that morning.  I had sent Harper to my mom’s to spend the night so I could just focus on Hud that morning.  This caused Hudson to have a stomachache the night before because he missed his sister. and the first thing he said walking down the stairs that morning was, “where is baby?” I told him at Nana’s and he looked at me and said, “Well, let’s go get her!”

Anyway, we got ready and took a few pictures on the porch:

 preschool1preschool2

Then it was off to school!  Trent went in late, so that he could be there, too.  A quick picture outside. It was raining at this point and he was over pictures:

DSC_5835

Then I snuck a picture of him playing:

DSC_5838  

He went right in and started playing!  I had to ask him 3 times to come back and hug me!  I am happy he was excited to be there and not sad.  It gave me complete confirmation that it was the decision to wait until this year and that he was in the right place. I was a little embarrassed by the fact I was the only mom crying when I left.

After school, he told me he had a great time and he loved it!  I asked him what he did and he said “made friends”.  When I asked him their names, he said “girls!”. Ha!  I think we are in trouble!  He was so excited to see Harper and leaned over to her and said “I am SO happy to see you baby!” That was my 2nd favorite part of the day…the 1st was picking him up!

We went to get an after-school treat! (After running home first because Hudson was hungry and wanted an apple):

 

All in all, he had a great first day. I know it is going to be a fantastic year!

No comments: