Saturday, October 1, 2011

Disney World – Day 5!

We spent our last day at Disney at the Magic Kingdom.  We had an early reservation at the Crystal Palace, so we were able to sneak in before they dropped the rope.

DSC_7070 DSC_7071

Hudson wanted to wave to everyone on Main Street:

DSC_7074

The Crystal Palace porch:

DSC_7075

Crystal Palace was one of the best meals food-wise.  The characters were Winnie the Pooh and friends.  I had taken Hud to see Winnie the Pooh this summer so that he would be familiar with them.  I am so glad I did!  Hud was a little antsy at this meal. He didn’t want to eat at all (not a shocker) and was a little hyped up.  I think he had just hit Disney overload by this point.  We also discovered this week (and confirmed at this meal) that he is allergic to watermelon!  I am a little sad about this because he LOVES watermelon.

Hud and Piglet (we didn’t meet Piglet at Animal Kingdom on Day 1, so it was fun that he was the first one to come by):

DSC_7077 DSC_7078 DSC_7081

Eyeore was next:

DSC_7085

The star of the show came by next!

 DSC_7090 DSC_7091 DSC_7093 DSC_7094 DSC_7095

We had just missed Tigger when we sat down, but since we had already met him we decided not to wait.

DSC_7098 DSC_7101

It was particularly humid and hazy on our last day.  Surprisingly, it did not rain on us at all while we were there! Not even a quick cloudburst!

DSC_7105

We didn’t do the Tomorrowland Transit Authority on our other MK day, so we headed over there:

DSC_7110 DSC_7114

Trent and Hud rode it again while I rode Space Mountain. Then while Trent rode Space Mountain, Hud and I went to get a little treat.  His very own Woody:

DSC_7121 DSC_7124

He was so excited! Woody then went everywhere with us. This one looks just like the one from the movie, which I hadn’t seen anywhere (and though I am sure it is sold other places, I am going to pretend that it isn’t). Huddy even took Woody on the tea cups with us…Hold tight, Woody!

DSC_7130 DSC_7132

And here we have a picture of pretty much every meal Hud ate at Disney…sigh…

DSC_7139

A few more castle pictures. You couldn’t actually go in the castle because of a show they put on and the Cinderella Royal table meal, so we settled for just walking around it.

DSC_7145 DSC_7151

One last Main St. ice cream treat:

DSC_7154

DSC_7157 DSC_7160 DSC_7161 DSC_7163 DSC_7167 DSC_7170

I was dying to get Hudson some Mickey ears with his name on it.  I wanted to get Harper some too, but decided to wait until we take her next time. So, at the very last minute I ran into the Emporium to get his ears and ran to the monogram place.  I pulled some ears from the middle of the Youth rack because I get grossed out with the ones in the front thinking of how many people might have tried them on.  I ran to the monogram place and found out it was going to take a while to get them done. I told her never mind because we needed to catch the bus back to the resort.  The sweet girl said she would just do them really fast and then didn’t charge us!  So sweet!!! Well, then we got outside and Hud put them on and we discovered they were adult size!!!

DSC_7178

I was so sad. So, Trent sprinted (literally) back to the Emporium to exchange them.  I told him we didn’t have time to take them to get his name put on it again, plus I was embarrassed after that sweet girl did all that for us. Trent said he wasn’t embarrassed and he would take them in there and ask her.  Well, that sweet girl did his second pair of ears right then again AND didn’t charge us again!  (even though Trent tried to pay her). So kind!!!

This is Disney – so of course a parade broke out. :)  Hud (and woody) and I watched while Trent was taking care of the ears:

DSC_7179

I wanted a few pictures of the pumpkins out front before we left:

DSC_7184 DSC_7185

Then it was back to the resort to cool off, change and rest a minute before we headed to the airport. I was SO sad to see our vacation ending, but we had all missed Harper so much!!!!

There was a little stage at the resort where Hud (and Woody) put on a little show:

DSC_7190 DSC_7191 DSC_7192 DSC_7193 DSC_7194

Then it was back to the airport!  We got home super late (10:00), so we waited to get Harps until the next morning! What a sweet reunion it was. :)

I have one more post of pictures from my phone that I want to make sure I capture. :)

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Meggan, You did an outstanding job of capturing your days through photos at DW! I thoroughly enjoyed looking at each day. Thank you so much!