Saturday, October 15, 2011

First pumpkin patch visit!

Never fear – the Fletcher family love of the pumpkin patch is in full effect.  Due to sickness plaguing our house for a full week last week, we weren’t able to make a couple of patches we had on the calendar.  But, we have quite a few scheduled over the next two weeks. I know you were all worried – so breath easy.

However, at the end of September we made our first visit of the year.  We went to the Arboretum. Now, I love me a pumpkin patch and I love the Arboretum.  HOWEVER, I do NOT love taking pictures of my  kids in a pumpkin patch in SUMMER clothes. I also do not love sweating when I do it.  It leaves me in a foul mood when I should be taking gorgeous fall pictures and it is 100 degrees outside. Which it was on this day.  Also, my sweet Harper was a teething mess that day and wanted no part of sitting in the pumpkins. My laid-back girl started crying the minute I set her down. So, I would have to consider our first visit this year a somewhat fail. But, very happy we have several more to make up for it.

Hudson is like his mommy and loves the pumpkins:

  DSC_7373

And also ladybugs:

DSC_7379

Harper was showing skepticism from the start. Please note the romper she has on for our fall activity. Sigh.

DSC_7383 

My first attempt at Harper in the pumpkins:

 DSC_7390

Not a fan people, not a fan. 

DSC_7396 DSC_7397

Hudson’s first pumpkin picture:

A bit more of a fan than his sister (don’t worry Harper, we will make up for it in the weeks to come. and perhaps pretend this visit didn’t happen going forward)

DSC_7416 DSC_7420

An attempt at a pic of the two of them. Yeah, that turned out well.

 DSC_7425

“Aye, aye Captain!” Hud is very into pirates these days.

DSC_7440

And Buzz Lightyear:

DSC_7442 

And because I love me a flashback:

2010:

DSC_1702

2011:

DSC_7388 

Look how big my boy has gotten. *sniff* *sniff*

No comments: