Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Update on my Dad...

My dad's procedure is over and was a success! We are all relieved it is over and went well. Thank you so much for all of the prayers and encouragement. It couldn't have gone better.

However, my exit from the parking garage could have gone better. I took Trent's truck so that he could have the carseat for Hudson. His truck is very finicky and the alarm doesn't work correctly. Typically, we lock it manually. Well, when my mom and I went to get into the truck to leave to get some lunch the alarm went off. And kept going off. And then killed the engine. We decided to take her car and deal with it when we got back from lunch. In the meantime Trent called a dealership to figure out what to do. We got back and he was walking me through what they said to do and it was not working. The alarm kept blaring and echoing through the parking garage. Next thing I know there are two security guards and their cars behind me...I am pretty sure they thought I was trying to steal the truck. When I explained (over the deafening alarm) what was happening Officer Friendly leans in and starts randomly pushing buttons. I probably don't have to tell you that didn't help at all. He finally went back to his buddy and they just stood back and watched me struggle. I am not sure what I did, but I finally got the alarm to stop and the truck to start. Officer Friendly wanted me to tell him how I did it, but I had no idea. I was more than ready to go home at that point!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun times!

Jaime said...

wonderful about your dad, and while I'm sorry about the car incident, your story did make me laugh. I think I've met officer friendly a few times...not so friendly. Also, pls. check out the blog linked up on my blog called "cake wrecks." You will die laughing.

Ruth said...

Awesome about your dad! And, funny story!!