Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Honesty...



My sweet friend from college, Meg, nominated me for this award. I have enjoyed reading others honest facts the past few days and I appreciate the opportunity to share some about myself. Thanks Meg!! (Sidenote - if you haven't read Meg's blog, you should - trust me it is great).

Ten honest facts about myself:

1. I am a worrier. I don't think that comes as a shock to anyone who knows me well. I worry a lot. About everything. The health of my family, the price of gas, what I am going to wear tomorrow, etc. I have tried over and over again to give this up to God, but it has got a tight hold on me.

2. I am scared to get pregnant again. I will someday and I look forward to more children because I adore Hudson so much. But, my pregnancy was so hard that I fear going through it again. I feel like I was robbed of the joy that goes along with pregnancy - of course my joy is ten thousand fold now that Huddy is with us, but I really hated being pregnant.

3. Trent and I are still searching for a church that we love. I honestly thought by now we would have found one and plugged in. It has been a really hard process and having a nine month old doesn't make the process easier. We have a number of churches we want to try, but for some reason Hudson has decided Sunday mornings is a great day to take a TWO AND A HALF HOUR NAP the past 3 Sundays. Seriously - how do people with infants do it? Wake up the kid? Skip the nap? I need some gudiance here.

4. I overthink everything. I worry that I said something I shouldn't have, hurt a person's feelings, etc. I do this a lot.

5. I am way too concerned with my weight. (See #1). I would like to avoid heart disease, diabetes, etc (like anyone wants those things) and so I tend to push myself too hard to be a certain number on the scale. Then there is the whole vanity issue...

6. I love TV. A lot. And I have it on with Hudson around and I have no issues with that at all.

7. Trent loves to cook and I love to let him. I actually really enjoy cooking, but I am also totally fine with him doing it.

8. I cry at least once a week. Happy tears, sad tears, sensitive tears - all kinds of tears.

9. I really don't miss working at all. I loved my last job very much, but I love being home with Hudson more.

10. I am so so so happy that Trent changed jobs. It is going to be so nice seeing him between the months of January and May.

Now it is my turn to nominate people for this award. I nominate: Holly, Jenny, Mallie, Liz and Jaime.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I enjoyed reading this! i completely hear you on many of those. i hope you guys do find a good church and know that can be so hard. When reid was doing 2 naps still we just knew that sundays would be hard b/c he'd most likely m iss his morning nap or fall asleep in the swing there. Ugh. AND, I'll have to ponder whether or not to do this b/c lately I feel like all my blog posts are about me! The 8 one is fun too, tho!

kelly said...

thanks for being so honest! i so appreciate that :) sometimes blogs can make people's lives seem totally perfect, you know??! like you could get depressed just reading blogs!! haha!
& i TOTALLY understand what you mean w/ church - our hud was 3m when we moved to houston & finding a church was a nightmare! it was sooo hard b/c sometimes we didn't want to drop him off, but were petrified he would scream in the middle of the service, or something! anyway, sometimes it actually was a good excuse - like when we didn't care for the church, so we'd act like our baby needed something & leave in the middle of the service!! haha!
anyway, hang in there & know you're not alone :) you're not alone w/ the church deal, the worrying, OR the weight!!!

Ruth said...

I really like this post! You are so open and honest, one of your many great qualities!