Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Harper’s 1st Birthday Party!!!

We held Harper’s birthday party a week after her actual birthday due to Baylor Homecoming (and due to the fact I never seem to have my kids parties on their birthdays).

I had a few things in my mind that I wanted to do, but due to some family things going on…it didn’t all happen. My dad ended up being in the hospital during that weekend and frankly, I am just glad I was able to pull off a party at all.

The birthday table:

DSC_9331

The birthday girl!

DSC_9333

DSC_9335

I had my mom stop and buy juice boxes for the kids on her way over. Then I forgot to serve them. Awesome. Anyone need any juice? We have plenty.

DSC_9338

The birthday cake! I wanted the same cake that Hudson had for his birthday – but in pink and brown of course!

DSC_9339

Harper’s birthday tablecloth. We didn’t have time to do her handprint before the party. Thanks again to Christy for this fun idea!!!

DSC_9340

My mom cut the letters out for the birthday banner:

DSC_9342

My wonderful (and incredibly talented) friend Lizabeth made her adorable cookies for us…I am so grateful to her!!

DSC_9344 DSC_9345

Found this idea on pinterest (of course) and tweaked it a bit:

DSC_9346

Harper’s monthly pictures:

DSC_9350 DSC_9352 DSC_9355

Birthday girl and her Nana. We missed my dad. :(

DSC_9358

Some of the kiddos in the playroom before the majority headed outside to play:

 DSC_9359

Cake time!  I wasn’t sure how Harper was going to do with everyone staring at her since she can be on the shy side:

DSC_9371

Family picture, minus Hudson who was too busy playing:

DSC_9372 DSC_9373 DSC_9375 DSC_9377

Smash cake:

DSC_9379 DSC_9381 DSC_9383

She was a fan if I fed it to her. She did not want to dig into it and she did NOT like it on her face.

DSC_9386 DSC_9391 DSC_9392 DSC_9394 DSC_9400

Present time! It worked out well that a lot of people were outside, so that Harps didn’t get overwhelmed.  We had about 50 or 60 people there total.

DSC_9408 DSC_9409 DSC_9410

After a while I was left to open on my own:

DSC_9422

while she played with her new toys:

DSC_9423

It was a wonderful celebration of our precious little girl. I am so thankful to our friends and family that were there. And I am particularly grateful of how understanding everyone was of the fact that I was kind of in a fog. The important thing is that we celebrated our little girl’s very important first birthday. :)

No comments: