Friday, October 30, 2015

This and That

I love watching her play and playing with her!



Truth:





The pumpkin patch at Harper's school:



Princess Fin:


Sisters:



We have had some crazy rainstorms! Soccer was cancelled and Trent was working late, so I decided to run to Chick Fil A to get the kids dinner. I loaded them up and had the fleeting thought to grab Hud's PDM, but we were going to be gone literally 10 minutes and they were eating at home.

Rookie.Mistake.

While we were waiting in line, I got a text from a friend who lives near us asking if our power kept going out. It had surged a few times, but that was it. I thought nothing of it. I got back home and noticed the porch light wasn't on anymore. Still didn't register. I pulled in the driveway and the garage door wouldn't open. Then it hit me - we had no power. And I had no key to the front door.  I start internally panicking. The kids were hungry wanted to eat AND MY KID'S LIFE SAVING INSULIN WAS IN THE HOUSE.

I set them up with a car picnic and then called my mom. Thank goodness she has a key and lives close. She came over and rescued us (and reminded me again to get a key) and Hud got his insulin and was none the wiser.
And I will never leave home without the pump again.


Thank goodness we have Harps in a blackout:








No comments: